What is a Mummy MOT and how could I benefit?
The Mummy MOT is a specialist assessment aimed at all women who have given birth. Whether your baby is 6 weeks old or now an adult themselves, you can still benefit from a specialist check of your pelvis, posture and muscle function to help prevent or manage long-term childbirth related complaints. Research indicates that 1 in 3 women exercise their pelvic floor incorrectly and which can lead to dysfunction.
We work closely with a group of women’s health consultants and experts in the field. We have also established links with local fitness instructors to help new, as well as “mature” mums regain flexibility, stability and fitness. Alterations to your posture, joint and muscle function are common during and after pregnancy, but it is never too late to address them.
Proper functioning of the muscles in the pelvic and abdominal region (the “core”) can help prevent prolapses and improve your bowel, bladder and sexual function. These muscles also play a key role in the prevention and management of back and pelvic pain.
Even if you are not having any difficulties now, with expert advice and tuition we can make sure that you are doing your exercises in the correct way to gain the maximum future benefit and best possible outcome.
What does the Mummy MOT involve?
- 50 minute assessment with a Specialist Mummy MOT Physio, Karen Irons or Vanessa Rose
- A full postural screen and assessment of any musculoskeletal problems arising from your pregnancy and the birth of your baby
- Comprehensive external and internal (if you wish) examination of your pelvic floor muscles
- Assessment of your abdominal muscles and measurement of any tummy gap (diastasis recti)
- Screening for any bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction
- Advice on scar management if required
- A bespoke recovery programme devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals. This includes specific and safe exercises to improve posture and core strength
- A report detailing key finding of assessment and any recommendations
At the end of the session you will know exactly what your key areas of focus are to optimise your posture, muscle function and fitness. We will discuss your goals and help you get on track with the correct exercises and advice to help you achieve them.
How can I book and get the most out of my Mummy MOT session?
- Please call the appointments line on 01243 527827 between 8am and 6pm and ask to book a Mummy MOT
- Please complete the attached Pre-Screen Form as soon as possible, so that we can direct your Mummy MOT session to your areas of most concern
- If you have any questions or would like to chat to one of our Specialist Physiotherapists before booking, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org leaving your name and contact number. We are often busy with patients but will call you back as soon as possible
Price for Mummy MOT & Report £85.00
For more information on the conditions we treat and services we offer, or to book an appointment please call 01243 527827 or email us at email@example.comBack to Top
Get in Touch
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Call us on: 01243 527827 or email us.
Chichester Physiotherapy are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), and also registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC)